Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Poem About Redemption

Deserving not the life He gave
With selfish pride I tried to save
My soul from its lost state depraved
By moral deeds while still a slave
To sin, and death, and to the grave.

The depth of my iniquity
Is greater than the deepest sea.
Yet still He chose to die for me
And bear my sin upon the tree
While I was still His enemy.

His blood was spilled to pay my debt.
God's wrath for me He did offset
By dying on the cross and yet
Defeating death. He rose to beget
A people in His silhouette.

I owe Him more than I can give.
So out of love I choose to live
A slave to Christ and let Him sieve
Dross and sin to which I was captive
Out of my heart to never relive.

My heart rejoices for in Him I've found
Life eternal. His praises resound!
By my sins I am no longer bound.
My chains are gone and I am crowned
With His righteousness for His renown.

No comments:

Post a Comment